Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Smell of rain and new beginnings!

August 5, 2014

The monsoons have finally arrived in Mancos.  What a wonderful thing to hear in the night -rain. This morning the ground was soaked, birds were singing and the sweet smell was intoxicating.  It's a new day, and I choose to focus on loving more and living each day like it was my last.  I'm putting on my sunglasses and will have a do it now attitude and not live in regret.    

Just a couple more weeks of summer till kids are back in school.  I'll miss them riding their bikes in town and stopping in my office to say hi.  What a blessing to live in a small town, where the kids can build forts, play in the river and just be in town without big city worries.  I took the kids camping and wow do I love the mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment