Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Love of a Dad

How important is the love of a father?  We can't pick our father's here on earth.  Many are just hurt souls and don't know the love of a father.  I have been blessed to be "Daddy's little girl".

From the time I was very small, my Daddy would let me ride on his back up and down the hall.  This led to when I was 3 to going on my first pack trip.  I rode my own horse and when I was tired my Daddy would put me in front of him on his saddle and we'd keep on riding.  My Daddy showed me how to love.  My parents were married for 62 years and never once did I see them fight or raise their voices to each other.  I always knew that my Daddy was there to save me from life's hurts and get me headed straight again.

We all have this kind of Daddy.  God wants us to climb in His lap. God loves us MORE than any person could. Life is way short so please tell the people around you that you love them.  Send a text, go visit them, write them a letter.  It's time to bury the hatchet and remember it's a new day to show we care.   Thank you Daddy God for welcoming my Daddy on earth home!


No comments:

Post a Comment